Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: DaVinci Resolve 8.1 -- now with FCPXML roundtrip support

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: DaVinci Resolve 8.1 -- now with FCPXML roundtrip support
by on Oct 15, 2011 at 6:45:48 pm

[David Lawrence] "Hmmm, that statement reminds me of something... ;)"

Fair enough. I see where you're going.

What you don't see is me doing is going on a Windows debate forum and asking windows users why "ls" is called "dir" at the windows command prompt knowing full well they represent the same function.

Different languages. Same result.

I cant do what I need to do in windows without learning a different language to complete the same task.
So I can choose to learn the framework, or quit using windows, but Microsoft isn't going to change command line to Unix.

If a saw a compelling reason to fully switch to windows, I'd do it. I just don't see a reason. With FCPX I see reasons to stick around, even if a sequence is a project and a bin is a keyword collection. I guess I'll be fluent in a couple of NLE terms by the end of it. Good for me.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]