Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: The Open Timeline and Spatial Workflows -- Another Example

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve ConnorRe: The Open Timeline and Spatial Workflows -- Another Example
by on Oct 14, 2011 at 8:32:57 pm

[Steve Connor] "[David Lawrence] "It would be like saying to an expert guitarist that the mechanics of playing guitar don't matter. As long as the notes are there, it's all the same. Never mind the fact that this new guitar we're giving you doesn't use strings, the notes are in different places and certain chord combinations are no longer allowed."

I don't agree with that analogy at all, the music comparisons don't always fit.

It's about the end result FCPX allows me to make the same edits as any other NLE, it does not limit my edit decisions and therefore the end result, it affects the way I achieve that end result.

All those years ago working on offline tape was hugely limiting but it never affected the programmes I made, it just took longer.

Different NLE's do not make good Editors make better or worse programmes, the creative process in editing has remained the same from Steenbecks to iPads.

What we do is not analogous to a musicians performance, we are not performing we are composing, and in music it doesn't matter whether a good composer uses a computer or a piece of paper and a crayon, the music will still be the same.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]