Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Why You Would Use the Position Tool On A Gap

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: Why You Would Use the Position Tool On A Gap
by on Oct 12, 2011 at 2:01:11 am

[David Lawrence] "Sorry Guys, I can't give Apple a pass on this. Destructive behavior like you see in the video is not OK. If it's not a bug it is without question a design, implementation, and QA failure. I'll be very curious to see if this gets fixed in the next release."

Again, can't thank you enough for the example. It makes more sense now. In this case, yeah, I think Apple might want to protect the user. Point taken.

But of course, you have to hear me out. :)

Now, pretend that gap was a video clip, you couldn't do what you want to do either without losing a few frames on either the gap (now video) clip or the surrounding clips, so why not just trim the gap a few frames and be done? It keeps the relationship of the video above and audio below.

You could also add that audio below to the primary and connect the video to it. Expanding audio in the primary would allow you to overlap the audio like you have it now. You could even connect the middle blue layer to the gap to keep your cut point of the top most layer, but I can't see the rest of the timeline so perhaps that wouldn't work, so ymmv as the kids say.

Thank you, David, for keeping this going.

Jeremy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]