Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: #FCPX feature request

COW Forums : COW: The Community Speaks

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Simon UbsdellRe: #FCPX feature request
by on Jun 3, 2011 at 8:55:55 am

[Tom Daigon] " I have NEVER had any of the variety of problems mentioned in this thread"

I entirely second that - I use STP pretty much everyday (for short form work from 30 seconds up to about 10 minutes) and it works perfectly. In fact, I also have ProTools, the industry standard for audio post (which I have used professionally for more than ten years), but I would always prefer to work in STP given the choice both for speed and functionality.

Compared to ProTools 9, it's insanely good value. The list of features that you have built in that in ProTools 9 would cost you many hundreds if not thousands of dollars extra in PT, are simply amazing: noise reduction; reconform (incredibly good and useful!), 5.1 mixing (yes, PT will charge you around $2K extra for the privilege!); a wealth of great sounding plug-ins (the basic PT will give you just one type of EQ and one type of compressor, all the rest you have to buy); a great library of sound effects and music loops. I would also say that PT is just a liable, if not more so, to instability. (ProTools has so far cost me thousands of dollars, whereas STP has cost me effectively none since I didn't actually choose to buy it!)

So I'm amazed to see this thread where people have queued up to chorus: "I tried it once and it doesn't work". If the same comment were to be made on the FCP forum it would justifiably be shot down in flames, but because it's about STP which non-one knows anything about it's apparently fine to say it.

Looks like you'll all get your wish, though. I have no doubt Apple will hear your comments and a really great product will go the way of Shake and be no more. What's the point in Apple developing it any further when no-one can be bothered to learn it properly?

Simon Ubsdell
Director/Editor/Writer
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]