Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: The Position Tool Does Not Disable Ripple Mode - Here's Why

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve ConnorRe: The Position Tool Does Not Disable Ripple Mode - Here's Why
by on Oct 10, 2011 at 7:50:18 pm

David, gap behaviour is perfectly logical and not a bug at all.

Gaps are the last line of defence between clips in the FCPX, if there is no gap then there can be no space between clips.

It would be illogical for FCPX to have behaviour where when you move or edit a gap, another gap is created!

It assumes by default if you are editing gaps then you don't want that space there and moves everything accordingly. FCP7 does the same, if you delete a gap between clips it ripples by default.

The position tool manipulates clips without rippling, not gaps. You ignore the gaps because they can be overwritten by clips, they are simply the black space between clips as in FCP7, you don't edit the gaps in FCP7 you move the clips to fill the gaps.

[David Lawrence] "On an open timeline, if I want to delete a clip or a range, I simply select and delete. In FCPX, a simple delete aways ripples by default. If I don't want to ripple, I must insert a gap.
"

Not true, Shift delete deletes the clip and leaves a gap automatically, you do not have to manage the gaps at all, you don't have to touch them, you don't have to create them.

"My Name is Steve and I'm an FCPX user"

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]