Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Edit Assistant, I was learning FCP7...

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andy NeilRe: Edit Assistant, I was learning FCP7...
by on Oct 7, 2011 at 8:20:31 pm

[Jamie Franklin] "I wasn't even responding to anything you posted and you went ahead and said I was pretty much lying even though nothing in my statement was inaccurate..."

I never called you a liar, nor even said you were "pretty much lying."

I said that it sounded as if you hadn't spent much time with the application based on this...

[Jamie Franklin] "Some people find it comfortable being in a timeline that won't allow you to layer an audio file where you want, watching it snap back to it's static track."

When I read that line, it sounded to me as if you were saying that you couldn't put an audio file anywhere you wanted "in time". In other words, that the audio file HAD to be butted up against another clip which is a common misconception about FCPX's magnetic timeline. You only said "where" and apparently only meant "where vertically". I read it differently because it doesn't matter as far as playback whether your music is on track 1/2 or 51/52. I said as much in my other response.

I'm not sure why you're getting so angry. I am honestly curious about the "variety of uses" you mentioned for tracks that aren't related to organization or order of operations.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]