Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: The Open Timeline and Spatial Workflows -- An Example

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

David LawrenceRe: The Open Timeline and Spatial Workflows -- An Example
by on Oct 1, 2011 at 8:08:10 am

[Jeff Folland] "Go through clip by clip like you would in the timeline. Set ins and outs and mark sections as favorites and tag them with various tags like 'must use'. 'interesting' etc. Think of the tags as your markers."

FCPX's metadata and tagging features are one of its greatest strengths. They're so interesting in fact, that I think FCPX would make an excellent logging and preflight assembly tool. If there were some XML translation utility, I'd be using it today. I wrote about a logging workflow like you describe here in the FCPX Techniques forum:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/344/4418

[Jeff Folland] " It's like you already have a rough edit of the must use stuff in the event window."

It's not even close. I don't work with a script, I make everything up as I go along. I may know something is "must have" but I have no idea how or where I'll use it until I start building the piece. And as I build, I may change my mind several times. I never know what the finished piece will look like until it's done. It's a creative, organic process. The process is what defines the workflow.

[Jeff Folland] "You could still use a gap clip to create a scratch section where you shuffle stuff around. "

You're still in ripple mode. Only now you have keep track of not just the stuff you're cutting, but also everything in the space in-between. How is that a better way to work?

publicmattersgroup.com
facebook.com/dlawrence
twitter.com/dhl

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]