Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: NLEs, DAWs, Tracks and Audio-centric Workflows -- Continuing the Conversation...

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Andrew RichardsRe: NLEs, DAWs, Tracks and Audio-centric Workflows -- Continuing the Conversation...
by on Sep 30, 2011 at 3:28:32 am

[David Lawrence] "I've pointed to what I see as evidence that tracks are integral to AV Foundation. But I also agree with Craig Seeman's observations about other parts of the AV Foundation spec. It feels like the UI is an expression of this object data model rather than the track parts of the model. That would explain many of the object behaviors as well as the constraints."

I maintain that AVFoundation forces nothing on the UI. The UI is 100% abstracted from the OS frameworks that handle the actual bit-laying. Walter Soyka! Back me up!

[David Lawrence] "This is pure conjecture on my part but I believe that at one point, FCPX did have tracks and that there was a big internal fight for the soul of this product. The track people lost and they were the ones fired in 2010."

Maybe he was flat out lying, but Jobs reportedly said the layoffs were from support, not engineering. Then again, that was the infamous "awesome" email, so I'm probably not changing anyone's mind with such evidence...

Best,
Andy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]