Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: macbook air and fcpx- the new portable edit suite

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: macbook air and fcpx- the new portable edit suite
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 8:59:36 pm

[David Lawrence] "One of the thing I need is structured visual organization, something that tracks intrinsically provide. "

And if I think how Roles will evolve, something that they can provide as well, but not limiting the user to limitations imposed by tracks. It will be non destructive and sortable. Sort by roles (or for ease of example, this could be like by track) or sort by the normal FCPX way, which is to say, the normal vertical clip priority.

I am not simply talking about the relatively simple and physical act of placing a cut, I am talking about overall project management. That is certainly part of every editor's job to keep things organized. Editing is organizing with effects, after all that's why everyone is so upset that tracks are gone, right? It forces a certain way of organizing right away.

In the database driven architecture that might be in FCPX (Yes, Mr Huff, this is still theory), when you can start to sort the timeline by Role, or whatever other parameter yet still have the timeline playback in the vertical clip priority nature it was intended, the FCPX editing devices might start to work and make sense in a trackless environment. This will give you visual organization however you might see fit. It might be a "way out there" idea, but whatever.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]