Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Edits from iPhone to iMovie to FCPX

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary HuffRe: Edits from iPhone to iMovie to FCPX
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 7:05:57 pm

Well that's the deal isn't it? All these people touting professional uses for consumer gadgets don't go out and practice what they preach.

"Oh, I use an iPhone here and there when there's not other option for the footage I want to use."

There is no reason why you can't shot an entire project using an iPhone and editing it on iMovie on the iPad...except for the fact that it won't look or sound that great. But I thought "just good enough" was the mantra here? YouTube taught us that, hasn't it? It just has to be "good enough", "content is what matters" yadda yadda yadda. So why don't people shoot with the iPhone as their "A" cam? Sure it doesn't have highlights, lots of jello, not much in the way of manual controls, but so what? Isn't it good enough? Why aren't more people who make their money from editing/shooting/ect. editing projects on iMovie on the iPad? Sure it can't do that much, but can't it get you to "good enough"?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]