Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: macbook air and fcpx- the new portable edit suite

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: macbook air and fcpx- the new portable edit suite
by on Sep 27, 2011 at 12:48:33 am

[Aindreas Gallagher] "tell me this much - do you prefer editing in the FCPX timeline or the FCP7 timeline?"

There are things I love about the FCPX timeline. Truly. After editing in FCPX for a while, then going back to FCP7, I start to realize just how much clicking and moving and sliding is happening in FCP7 to manipulate the timeline. With FCPX, I think less about that and the trimming is so much more convenient and fluid. An example of the inefficiency, in FCP7, if you need to do an insert edit in V1 underneath something in V2, FCP7 will split the V2 clip. This doesn't happen in FCPX, things just move out of the way and adjust, and most of the time it's what you want it to do. If you could prioritize the hierarcy of the timeline in FCPX with some sort of target system, or sort system, it'd be even more powerful, and no, I don't mean tracks.

The lack of audio tracks in FCPX is getting to be less daunting. Roles aren't completely fleshed out, but once they get a bit more control, I can see how they will be very useful and in some ways better than audio tracks. I think it's an excellent start and I look forward to what happens next.

The lack of a viewer isn't a deal breaker for me, but there are times when I do miss it. I used the Gang function sometimes and when I did, it is very useful. That functionality is simply non-existent in X.

I do not mind trying new systems and watch them get better. If I had video out, I'd start doing real jobs. Not all jobs, but some.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]