Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: The first signs of the death of final cut pro 7.... :(

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aindreas GallagherRe: The first signs of the death of final cut pro 7.... :(
by on Sep 25, 2011 at 11:00:13 pm

i think what remains of the apple proapps team took a punt with this software and I don't think the ball/puck travelled anywhere near as far as they might have hoped.
so say maybe this software isn't the future, but rather a troubled experiment. the development team seems to be crazily scrambling right now - I read somewhere that the development notes on the new XML run to about five pages boiled down. the spec itself is unstable according to what I'm reading insofar as I get it. Its not even reliably carrying DB levels? So say It's incomplete insofar as it is going to need significant revisions, which makes publishing it possibly a bad idea? Doesn't a published XML spec need to be steady?

You yourself acknowledged that the initial release was nearly alpha, which for a published Apple software product is incredibly surprising and... unnerving in its implications -
taken all together does this seem like a software platform in rude health? Does it feel like a software team in control, with the ability and the numbers to reliably execute going forward?

bottom line - do we think the remains of proapps is a reliably functional software vendor?

http://www.ogallchoir.net
promo producer/editor.grading/motion graphics

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]