Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: The first signs of the death of final cut pro 7.... :(

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bill DavisRe: The first signs of the death of final cut pro 7.... :(
by on Sep 25, 2011 at 7:36:13 pm

Paragraphs are good when they're good.

I commonly have to strip and recreate them because paragraph codes are downright destructive when one is moving a script into, for example, a tab-delineated database for script analysis.

My son seldom uses them in his text posts to all his friends and yes, I'm trying to convince him of their value - but he and his friends parse them seamlessly.

Plus don't forget they're kinda senseless in the "twitterverse "(note that button at the bottom of the screen below!)

I agree, that here, in this forum, in it's primary format, traditional "write for the eye" text formatting helps readability.

But if I was gonna write this like a decent script - with better spoken word emphasis - clear pauses for breath - and compound sentences that sound like people speak - then punctuation becomes less important in achieving good results.

Bottom line - it might not be what you (or I) prefer. But that doesn't make it worthy of criticism.

Just sayin.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]