Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: Final Cut X update and free trial

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: Final Cut X update and free trial
by on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:54:18 pm

I see a "Roles" export feature which apparently does stuff with appropriately tagged audio (eg. Dialogue).

I do see Export and, yes, Import XML and I also see Add and Remove SAN.

A warning pops up that says Events and Projects need to be updated. That previously would only happen with major FCP version updates.

BTW Motion update now supports Dual Monitors.

You can now add a transition to a Connected Clip and it Automatically becomes a Secondary Storyline. A big YEA for that one.

This finally looks like a viable 1.0 app. It may not be ready to compete with the other "A's" but it certainly looks good enough to handle small projects and know you can get into and out of it into the rest of the world for additional post work.

There would be a lot less panic with this. At least more people would be willing to say "let's see where this goes" instead of just jumping ship. It's certainly a viable AVCHD project editor now. Apple's site says Sony will have direct XDCAM EX import plugin for it. They also mention Multicam (we know) is coming along with Broadcast monitoring.

There's still a long way to go but it seems like Apple is listening. If only this were the 1.0 we saw.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]