Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: I guess it's So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeremy GarchowRe: I guess it's So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!
by on Sep 7, 2011 at 1:11:43 pm

[Walter Soyka] "I'd argue that Canon did a far better job of supporting industry standards out of the box, though. "

I wouldn't. It could only do 30.0 for a very long time. It was the 5d MkII and a few firmware updates that made the world take notice, not the MkI. Canon is laughing all the way to the bank. Why would they need to change anything?

[Walter Soyka] "Canon didn't try to change any still photo concepts or language."

Come on now. They certainly didn't include common variables. Hey, how about a waveform? No? Oh, a histogram that only works when I take a still? What about real time audio meters? No?

Exposure reading? Format feedback? A viewfinder? Real time video out while shooting to connect to external hardware? No?

Sorry, but I can't agree that out of the box, it isn't hobbled. Im also sorrry for my double negatives and truncated iPhone ramblings. But I think people tend to forget just how hobbled it is, because they can get a result out of it.

[Walter Soyka] "And I loved the video. "Decades of experience? Access to millions of dollars of equipment? Actual ideas? None of these things were in the box!""

:) Glad you like it. I love this video and aptly sums up a portion of what is going on in the world. "I want my money back, Canon."

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]