Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: I guess it's So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Gary HuffRe: I guess it's So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 1:09:47 pm

Some of us can actually build our own PCs and don't experience any more downtime than a Mac with similar hardware would have if a component went out (plus, my PC doesn't have that "issue" like the new Mac Pros where the mouse doesn't work right if you have two monitors running on it).

I just spec'ed out my next upgrade (since I have a PC, I can just change out the guts and not the whole unit itself) and for the price of a basic Mac Pro tower, I can get Dual Xeon i7s (12 cores), Samsung SSD primary drive (the current speed leader), 16GB of DDR3 EEC RAM, and a GTX580, along with the new X-Fi Titanium HD sound card. Frankly, nothing Apple currently offers can compete, speed-wise, and I shudder to think what that would do with Premiere CS5.5 and H.264 footage (in a good way of course).

Plus, on my PC I have a Blu-ray burner, two DVD burners, and two external hard drive bays. Something else you can't really do with a Mac Pro, but that comes in handy on a regular basis. Now, more than ever, we have choices. But I just wonder if Apple will remove that choice before too long by not even offering typical workstations anymore.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]