Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: @Craig S.

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Craig SeemanRe: @Craig S.
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 12:52:24 pm

[David Cherniack] "Does the lad work for a living? "
Far too many hours actually. It's amazing how much time one has to type when doing compression though.
I don't work for or have any direct business relationship or contact with Apple.

[David Cherniack] " And Thunderbolt, that you keep harping on about, that's gong to future proof the Mac Pro? You don't think that the technology won't be on PCs? "

Sony has already announced support and they're building into a/some Sony Vaio laptops. HP has said no to Thunderbolt but who knows where that might go now if workstations are part of the spinoff sales. Actually for Thunderbolt to be well supported by third parties it has to command a profitable segment of the market (must include PCs). I do think Apple's got a head start given their apparent relationship with Intel. As to whether that head start has an impact on Mac sales remains to be seen. I don't think Apple is operating without a plan.

Again my comments are guided by Apple being an extremely motivated company when it comes to making money. That does not mean market share though. I do think the R&D in FCPX and hardware are not without a plan which may or may not be well executed. Apple is one of the very few companies that can pull rabbits out of hats. That doesn't mean it happens all the time but FCPX and Thunderbolt are not "throw aways." That's not something that Apple does whether they succeed or fail. In fact the one thing that falls to that level is AppleTV which Apple has been upfront about calling a "hobby."

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]