Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: I guess it's So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Dominic DeaconRe: I guess it's So Long and Thanks for all the Fish!
by on Sep 6, 2011 at 10:35:09 am

[Craig Seeman] " Once you put together a powerful professional PC workstation it's not going to be that much cheaper than some Macs. Look at what a decked out HPZ400 or Z800 workstation costs. Consider why the cost what they do compared to other PCs"

I'm not really a computer person- I'm a screenwriter primarily- and don't really grasp the difference between a "professional PC workstation" and what I've purchased. The parts I would assume are the most important- like the Intel processors and nVidia cards- are the same so what is it that sets these Professional PC workstations apart? Whatever the case, what I got for $AUD1,300 runs even complex processes in AE and AVID without pausing for breath and I suppose that's all I can ask of it.

[Craig Seeman] "I suspect Apple is banking on that most people moving to Premiere or Avid in the short term are not going through the major expense to move to Windows"

It might have been a good idea to wait and see what Apple has coming but that wasn't an option for me. I'm going to be editing a feature for the next 8 months or so and didn't want to go through that again with FCP 7 and an old iMac. Buying a new iMac at this moment felt like a serious gamble.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]