Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: FCS 3 is back on sale through Apple - via telesales only

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mark MoracheRe: FCS 3 is back on sale through Apple - via telesales only
by on Sep 2, 2011 at 4:42:09 am

Hmmm... I wonder what the message is here.

They could be saying "we were wrong and we are sorry, please accept our apology."
That doesn't seem too likely since they waited so long to react to the backlash that was incendiary in the beginning, and has settled down to a constant burn. They should have done this 4 weeks ago.

Perhaps it's taken this long for them to see their market share start to drop and keep dropping as busineses are fleeing to Avid and Adobe, and they're trying to stop the bleeding.

Maybe they're having trouble with the upgrade since there is so much that needs to be done, and they know how important it is to get this one right, and they're trying to buy themselves more time with what they think is a generous gesture.

Maybe they're panicking and grasping at straws. (not likely).

In my mind, if they discounted the software at half price like Adobe and Avid, they would be likely to sell more than twice as many boxes then they would at $999. Everyone loves a firesale, and it would feel much more like a real value. How many will be willing to pay full price for software that's EOL'd, with a successor that may be years away from being ready for prime time.

This doesn't feel like contriteness to me. It was necessary, but still feels too little too late.

However, it was "the reversal of a Custer decision", which nearly never happens with the Cupertino crew, so we can count that as a point for us.

And it's never too late for them to surprise us.

I still like the idea of "Buy FCX, and get FCS3 for free. They would fly off the shelves, show their contrition, and cement their dominance.

I'm still hopeful that FCX will rock my world, without compromise, crashes or all the workarounds.

Someday.

Mark Morache
Avid/Xpri/FCP7/FCX
Evening Magazine,Seattle, WA
blogging at http://fcpx.wordpress.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter