Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
APPLE FINAL CUT PRO:HomeFCP ForumFCP XFCPX TechniquesFCP TutorialsFC ServerBasics ForumPodcastFAQ

Re: my guess to what will happen to the suite

COW Forums : Apple FCPX or Not: The Debate

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stephan WalfridssonRe: my guess to what will happen to the suite
by on May 4, 2011 at 2:11:59 pm

[Craig Seeman] " If "the marketer's" goal is to get the product on your machine, Apple has already won (I expect)."

I'll buy it, no doubt about it, I wish it was already on my machine. And I have no doubt in my mind that Apple will succeed in growing their marketshare even more with FCPX. That was partially what I tried to say in my post.

[Craig Seeman] "As long as FCPX gets it foot in the door, it will at $299, it will eventually win people over based on Apple's past pattern with new products."

But the question if the new release of FCP will remain my main tool of choice doesn't depend on wether other people are won over (by the low price or the feature set). I need to make sure that it's still the best tool for me and currently I have no clue. Very little was shown and since it isn't based on the old FCP architecture I can't make the assumption that it will have the same features as FCP7.

Their past pattern also shows that they aim for the mass market, not the niche market (which I have a sneaky feeling that I may belong to). As Oliver put it:
"But it certainly has been quite willing to concede sales when products hit too small of a share or don't warrant the level of investment Apple has to continue to put into them. Prime examples are Shake, Xserve RAID and Xserve."

I usually find choosing NLE a matter of choosing the lesser of a number of evils, no reason to think it will be different this time.

Stephan

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]