Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Company that builds video editing PCs. Mac Pro update was disappointing ...

COW Forums : What Computer Should I Buy?

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd VanSlyckRe: Company that builds video editing PCs. Mac Pro update was disappointing ...
by on Aug 17, 2012 at 4:29:45 pm

Here are the stats on the computer
Base Unit: Dell Precision,T7600,MT,1300W (225-2096)

Processor: Dual Eight Core XEON E5-2665, 2.4GHz, 20M, 8 GT/s,Turbo+,Dell Precision T7600 (317-9578)

Video Card: 1GB nVIDIA Quadro 2000,Dual Monitor,2DP and 1DVI,Dell Precision Tx600 (320-3028)

Hard Drive: 500GB,SATA,3.5",7200,NCQ,16M (342-3436)

Misc: NVIDIA Tesla C2075 Computing Processor,Dell Precision Tx600 (320-3685)

I also got a second 250 gb hard drive.

As of right now, all of the media i use is not local to the computer. It's located on a server and is accessed through the network, which of course effects the speed. That's the bottleneck for sure. My situation is unique, in that I don't just work on one project, back up and dump it and move on to the next. I am constantly using the same media over several projects (commercials, recruitment dvd's, etc) So I need a lot of storage. Right now i'm using 4 TB of media.
I'd love to be able to have it all reside on the local hard drive. The other reason i migrated everything to the network was so the university could back it up on their backup system (which they probably regret because i take up more space than the entire rest of the university heh heh)
I'll be running more tests in the near future and i'll post them.
TVS

Mac G5 2x2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
OS Version 10.6.6
Final Cut Pro Studio 2
After Effects CS4
Photoshop CS3
Cinema 4d r12
Sony EX-1

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread: