Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Decreae frame rate for better image quality

COW Forums : Sorenson Squeeze

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Guillaume ChadaillacDecreae frame rate for better image quality
by on Feb 4, 2012 at 2:52:34 pm

Hi Guys!
I am currently encoding videos for my website.

I a nutshell, here is my precise workflow.
I have my Pro Res files, at 23.976 fps, resolution 1080p progressive. (shot with a 7D)

These videos are mainly screenshots and talking heads.

I need to encode them in h264, mp4 container, 360p, 23.976fps
I am using CABAC, with a target at 400kbs with a max data rate of 200% and auto key framing on scene changes. Nothing unusual and I ve been pretty happy with the results so far.

The only problem I have is when the videos are played full screen. Resolution is too low. So I ve been trying to encode at 600p which is enough for what I need. But the bit rate required to achieve the same quality is a bit too high.

I have come to the conclusion that my only option was to drop frames in order to preserve a good quality to the frames left.

I am struggling with that one. I thought that choosing the 2:1 options would just drop one frame out of two and therefore preserve a certain flow and prevents jittering... but it is fairly noticeable. Especially on talking head.

Can some of you guys chime and share its knowledge when it comes to optimize image quality by dropping frames? How low can I go (coming from 23.976p) Is there a secret option or workflow that would smooth out the glitches and make it less noticeable?

thanks a bunch!!!!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]