Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: delivering spots to local markets

COW Forums : Digital Delivery

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brian MossRe: delivering spots to local markets
by on Aug 17, 2010 at 12:43:40 pm

David,
Quick Time H.264 in both SD and HD would be your best solution to be accepted at the majority of network affiliates.

I don't think you will see in any answers here from cable because it looks like the have automated there digital delivery systems.

Here in Ohio our two major cable outlets are Time Warner and Comcast.

Time Warner accepts MPEG 2 only to there ftp site and will not take digital spots from any other service unless it is DG or Extreme Reach. They also only have one ingest location which is located in Columbus that takes care of the whole region. Time Warner also requires a specific length of slate then so much black then some much black after the spot. My guess they are using something like Telestream Flip Factory that watches the folder and know how far in to the file the spot is and removes the slate and black from it.

Comcast has there own submission site that you have to fill out information about the spot and upload a ready to air spot to one of there regional facilities. For my location that is outside of Philadelphia, PA.

The reason I bring this up to you is when you financial advisor is dealing with a local sales rep in cable there is nobody in that area to handle the spot. If they are given a tape the cable rep has to mail it to one of the regional centers to have it processed.

Just wanted to give you a heads up about how the cable company's are working anymore.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]