Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: encoding TV-spec H264 files

COW Forums : Digital Delivery

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bob ZelinRe: encoding TV-spec H264 files
by on Nov 30, 2010 at 3:22:51 am

I just don't want you to give up on tape yet Bob. Please, not yet. Don't go Bob.. Come on, hang in there with us a bit longer. Sony, Panasonic, and parts of Hollywood are relying on us here...

Chad, you are a baby ! BVH-2000 ! Why that's a NEW VTR, damn it - it's a youngster ! When I got into this, the geezers were saying "nothing can beat an IVC Helical 2"", and this is when the BVH-1000 (not 1100) was first introduced, and people were commonly using Quads. And I remember when people said that Beta sucked, and that it would never replace 1". So here we are today with digital delivery (and dreaded MPEG-2 encoding specs), and people CANT WAIT to never have to deal with a SRW-5500 ever again. But don't worry Chad, soon, people will say "Telestream sucks", just like everything else in history "sucks" because the "new thing" came out. It's never over. If you never cleaned out an Ampex 1" Scanner, then you are an infant in diapers.

I can't wait for the "next generation" to tell all the "old folks" that FCP sucks, and that "system XYZ" is the coolest, and only "old people" use FCP. Then I will laugh.

Bob Zelin

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]