Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

How can I improve compression settings for digital delivery?

COW Forums : Digital Delivery

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff GandillonHow can I improve compression settings for digital delivery?
by on Nov 9, 2010 at 10:07:24 pm

I am delivering spots primarily to local stations to air in the local (St. Louis) market. Only a few stations can insert commercials in HD right now, and so far we have done ok delivering an H264 via FTP, but I've noticed some inconsistencies with the compression even on my end and the spots never look quite right when they hit the air. Some of them have had really bad errors.

I know ideally I need to talk to the stations and try to get specifics on how they prefer the files to be encoded, but so far, in trying to do that, it seems like they don't really know. Receiving spots in a digital file they download is still new territory for most of them too. So I was hoping I could get a few pointers from the COW community, and I was excited to see this new forum.

Currently I am editing in 720p/59.94 on Avid Media Composer 5 and using Sorenson Squeeze for compression. I am using the following settings for my H264s, but I don't understand a lot of them:

Any pointers, suggestions, and/or education you can give me is much appreciated!

jeff g

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]