Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Normalizing multiple audio files

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Steve TopperNormalizing multiple audio files
by on May 25, 2012 at 7:05:07 pm

I have a project that involves many voice over files, that all need to be amplified. At the end of the day, they all need to be brought to roughly the same level of roughly -8 db.

I had thought about normalizing each one, but I am under the impression that this will not amplify them equally. If one or two of the files has a relatively loud sound. Normalizing will make the overall file quieter. Am I correct.

What then is the best way to do this? To amplify by the same amount?

I am using adobe audition, and as far as I can tell, if you normalize one file (for a reference), it won't tell you how much you amplified it by, so I can't use that to create a reference for a batch process.

I'm sure I am not making much sense, but I guess my overall question is where can I find a good method to batch process multiple files to have them all end up at the same relative volume?

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]