Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: Data Rate Question

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Angelo LorenzoRe: Data Rate Question
by on May 3, 2012 at 5:30:59 am

[Paul Ray] "So, you're saying to use these band filters across the board as my last step before exporting? Or, to apply the filters to each individual clip of just the dialog in the timeline?"

I'm not familiar with the mixing tools within FCP7 (I use Adobe almost exclusively) but I would add these band-pass effects to a sub-mix that contains all the dialog. Any music backing tracks are probably of higher quality and don't need the same treatment.

It's really a clean up step. Not only are you getting rid of frequency information that dialog really doesn't "live in", dialog-only passages will hold up better when re-compressed for DVD or web or what have you. If there are slight glassy high frequency artifacts, then a high-cut may really minimize or remove that and be virtually transparent in terms of how it affects your real audio.

For Q settings... whatever creates a reasonably steep cutoff. A larger number is steeper (smaller frequency transition range) so play with it.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
+1
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]