Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Final Cut Who?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ryan HolmesRe: Final Cut Who?
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 4:24:37 pm

[Dennis Radeke] "The underlying point though is that Adobe is listening and caring and delivering right now "

Agreed. Adobe should be applauded for this. Avid doesn't listen this well (maybe a bit better recently). Apple does listen this well. Autodesk doesn't listen this well (though they are getting better as well). Adobe is easily leading the curve with listening to what we want right now today.

[Dennis Radeke] "We will continue to listen to our existing users and those specifically of our competition to make Premiere Pro the Photoshop of Video."

I hope you can make PPro the Photoshop of video. To make it the hub of digital creation - excellent! Which is why I've long wondered when Adobe will (1) make it's own XML language. Instead of having to export out the whole project as XML, how about just 1 sequence or a small group of sequences. When I move to Resolve for color grading I don't need all 85 sequences. I just need the 1 that is prepped for color. (2) Adobe's own native codec. I love that PPro is the honey badger of NLE's. But when you ingest footage from RED, C300, GoPro, 5DMarkII, and a 7D other programs don't handle all those codecs equally well in one timeline (I'm looking at you DaVinci Resolve). No sweat for CS6, but not everybody is so nimble.

So having the ability to move to 1 standard format is still important, I think. Granted we have DNxHD and ProRes, but there Adobe is stuck relying on outside companies to deliver a solution. If there was an Adobe equivalent that played equally well in PPro, After Effects, and Speedgrade (and the codec would be licensed to any and all third parties - Canon, Arri, RED, Atomos, SoundDevices, Blackmagic, etc for direct capture) that would be a game changer. Especially if when you log and ingest footage through Prelude it would convert to that format from the start. Then you wouldn't have to mix codecs so much in PPro or AE. And you wouldn't have to convert to DPX for speedgrade (unless you wanted to).

Just my $.02. Keep up the good work with Adobe. It is encouraging to see a company listen to its user base.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.me
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]