Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Odd Mercury Playback Issue

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Aaron CadieuxOdd Mercury Playback Issue
by on Aug 1, 2012 at 2:14:26 pm

Hello,

So this really isn't a problem, it's just an observation of something strange. I have a desktop workstation running PPro CS5.5 in my home office that I do most of my editing work on. My video card allows me to use the Mercury Playback engine. I also have a laptop that I use when I am working off-site. I work off an external RAID so that I can work on projects on either machine without a hitch. It's a great system, and it's working out great. Anyway, the other night, I had a lot of rendering and encoding to do on the desktop workstation. I wanted to watch TV with my wife upstairs while I was encoding, so I decided to remotely access my desktop machine in my office using my laptop. Upon accessing the desktop remotely, I opening an existing project. The project opened, but warned me that the Mercury Playback engine was not available. I panicked that there might be a problem with my desktop's video card. As it turns out, using the Windows 7 remote access tool causes the Mercury Playback engine to become disabled on the computer you are remotely accessing. Like I said, none of this mattered because I was only encoding, and would never try to edit using remote access software. I just thought it was very strange. Any thoughts on why this is?

Thanks,

Aaron

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]