Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Peak file problem: Not resolved!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Ron PestesPeak file problem: Not resolved!
by on Jun 26, 2012 at 8:44:37 pm

I am getting crashes during import of Sony EX .mov files into PP during the creating peak file portion of the import. Sometimes it works but most of the time the computer will crash at some point when the yellow bar indicates that a peak file is being created. I am using a Caldigit VR via esata or FW 400 connection into a Dell M6600 with 16 gig of RAM, 2820 processor and Windows 7 Pro. I called Adobe support and they deleted the Cache and Media Cache files and created new ones as well but this only helped for about 5 clips then I had the same problem. They then said that it is because my external drive is not fast enough but as I said I am using a Caldigit VR with esata with 7200 rpm drives so I don't think that is the problem. I don't have a problem if I copy the files to the C drive but that is obviously not a good editing option. What can I do?

ronpesteshdvideo.com
Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro
Dell M6600
Adobe CS6 Production Premium

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS