Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: A couple questions about Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Bret WilliamsRe: A couple questions about Premiere
by on May 26, 2012 at 6:26:12 am

Well, I definitely found the answer to #3, the grind to a halt issue. And I'm able to duplicate it in CS5 AND CS6. Both of which are installed. I removed any drivers for BlackMagic. I turned off any hacked GPU acceleration and deleted the mention of it in the text file.

I discovered that when I manipulate scale, crop, rotation, position manually in the effects panel that everything zipped around naturally. As good as an NLE should. So it had something to do with manipulation in the program window.

It was my Bamboo tablet. I don't know why. Makes no sense. But if you use a Bamboo tablet pen in mouse mode (not mapped mode) and try to manipulate the image in the program window, it will grind the program to a halt. If you use the touch controls on the Bamboo, it's fine. If you use the pen in mapped mode, it's fine. But mapped mode is pretty useless for 2 monitors. This is the only app that has a problem with the pen. I use it in AE, Photoshop (obviously), FCP 7, FCP X, and have no problems.

But good to know what it is! Now I can give CS6 a proper test.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]