Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Pluggins for Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Brian CooneyRe: Pluggins for Premiere Pro
by on May 14, 2012 at 4:27:32 pm

ok... back to CS5 editing flow VS. FCP Studio. I just spent some time on the phone with an animator who is familiar with both FCP Studio and CS5(6). He explained to me that Premiere has basically NO FX under the hood. Which for us FCP guys in unnerving. But I think as we transition we may need to think differently. Mo explained to me ( he works on major business projects and motion pictures and is presently in South Africa - which was pretty cool to connect to him via go to meeting) ... anyway.. He hardly ever uses transitions in Premiere... personally he doesn't think they are all that modern used in the typical way, (we could debate that for sure). But he will do rough and fine cuts in Premiere adn then bring everythign into After Effects. After Effects pulls every singe cut in a layered timeline in Premier and assigns each clip to its own layer. From there you can use transitions if you like and still manage handles and such from clips within After Effects. After your (after) effects are applied, you export back to premiere for final post and delivery. So it's a different way of working which is why I am undergoing AE training at present. So... it all kinda sux... but chage is good. Learning is good. Go team!

MotionFoundry, Inc. Video Post
Clients: GM, AOL, Kohl's, 3 Doors Down, Thomas Nelson, NASCAR Affiliates

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]