Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

CS6: Thank you Adobe!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Stephen BakopanosCS6: Thank you Adobe!
by on May 8, 2012 at 4:20:11 pm

I just finished editing my first project with the CS6 trial and I wanted to say THANKS to the Adobe team for delivering a product that is simple, intuitive, stable and powerful (and adheres to the editing paradigm that we all know and love)...

I took a big risk in transferring a project over to CS6 in the middle of a tight 2 day turn around. I'd started the cut in CS5.5, but really felt that the project would benefit from the new 3D extrusion tools in AE CS6. In the end, it turned out to be no risk at all. Premiere didn't crash once during a solid day of editing. AE crashed a few times, but that was due to outdated CUDA drivers and me pushing it too hard with the 3D extrusion on complex fonts.

Premiere is now easier and faster to work with than ever before - and feels much more like home for an ex-FCP user like myself. With CUDA support, pretty much everything plays back in realtime. Full trackpad support on the timeline (up and down now, not just left and right) makes it quicker to move around and find the clips you want. Selectable edit points make trimming edits far easier, as well as making it simpler to apply transitions. The new adjustment layers proved to be very helpful for applying effects across a number of clips. And dynamic linking worked like a charm (also loved the global dynamic cache in AE).

This release is pretty much everything that I'd hoped for from Apple in FCP8. I can't see myself going back to FCP7 unless I'm forced to at gunpoint.

Thanks again Adobe!

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]