Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: ANY reports on CS6? Mac, PC?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Walter SoykaRe: ANY reports on CS6? Mac, PC?
by on May 4, 2012 at 6:21:57 pm

Erik, for context, what sort of work is it that you're doing?

[Erik Mickelson] " On the Mac side, I see no compelling reason to upgrade just yet. "

Really? I had a early look at CS6, and I would not go back to CS5.5. Like you, I don't find that CS6 addresses every single concern I had with CS5.5, but I do find the Pr CS6 experience to be vastly, vastly superior to the Pr CS5.5 experience.

Don't Stop Playback, adjustment layers, reduced reliance on the work area, good video I/O, new trimming, hover scrub, and the overhauled UI -- if you're an every day Premiere user, I can't understand why you wouldn't want to upgrade.

Nearly all of my work is graphics-oriented, so I use Premiere primarily as the hub to tie together a lot of AE comps. AE's performance is way better in CS6, and I've been pretty impressed with Dynamic Link.

[Erik Mickelson] "Transitions are still junk."

Has Tom given you his speech on Boris RED yet?

[Erik Mickelson] "I want to hear from PC users that use a decent GTX Cuda card."

I'm running a monster HP Z800 with a Quadro 6000. CUDA/OpenCL is part of the solution, but there's a lot more to MPE than GPU acceleration. Pr CS6 benefits from a balanced system.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter