Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Best Output Option

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Jeff PuleraRe: Best Output Option
by on May 2, 2012 at 8:17:00 pm

Hi Chris,

While saving the entire project is of course an option, it is not the best option for every case. For instance, there may be hours of unused footage in the project, making it much larger than it needs to be. I know, you can "trim" the project, but still, more extra work and such.

Then if you archive the project to another drive and later try to open it, you have to relink assets because the drive letter changed. Maybe you had plug-in effects installed and used two years ago, which are no longer installed...and so forth. Nice to have a FINISHED copy. Period.

Personally, after I deliver a project and know there will be no re-edits, I make a single .avi "Master File" on another drive, then completely delete all the original mess.

Jeff Pulera

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]