Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Have Questions About Adobe Premiere Pro. Need Advice from experienced users please.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike MolendaRe: Have Questions About Adobe Premiere Pro. Need Advice from experienced users please.
by on Apr 30, 2012 at 1:05:47 pm

I edit ProRes in Premiere all the time, since up to this point I have still been doing my grading in Color. If you have the ProRes codecs installed on your machine (which you should, given that you're running FCP7), Premiere will edit them.

Premiere will also handle DNxHD in a Quicktime wrapper. You can get the codec from Avid as a free download: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/en350875 or by installing a trial version of Media Composer.

I've found that using an intermediate codec like ProRes is less of a hog on your system resources than many native codecs, therefore it will give you snappier real time playback. Especially once you start mixing camera formats and adding effects.

And to correct Alex: Traditionally Avid relied entirely on its own internal media management. Now you have the option of using the Avid Media Access (AMA) feature to directly link media on your disk to your bins, with or without transcoding, just like FCP and PPro and all the rest. From what I've seen, AMA works pretty well, but I've got limited experience with MC so I can't really speak too definitively on the subject.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]