Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: CS 6 release date - Best Upgrade Path - Question for Dennis??

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Todd KoprivaRe: CS 6 release date - Best Upgrade Path - Question for Dennis??
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 11:58:53 pm

> The real issue with Creative Cloud is whether it will work if you are not connected to the internet. Is it a monthly renewed licence that will work away from civilisation for the rest of that month?

You do not need to have your computer connected to the Internet to use the software.

If you subscribe using the Creative Cloud Membership option, the computer needs to connect to the Internet once per month to check its license. If you don't have a connection when it tries to check, the software won't stop working for quite a long time; it just needs a connection once per month.

If you instead use the perpetual license option (i.e., the usual, "old" way), not Creative Cloud Membership, then the computer never needs to be connected to the Internet; you just have to enter an activation code that you can get using any Internet-connected device (like your smartphone or another computer).

There's a Creative Cloud FAQ list here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/faq.html

Regarding the release date of the software:
It is _not_ necessarily true that the software will be available on the date specifically mentioned above. It _is_ true that the software will be available by the first week in June. Maybe a little earlier; mayve a lot earlier. But don't believe anyone who tells you a more specific date until you actually see that the software is available.

Another point about Creative Cloud Membership, for emphasis: It's just an option. If you don't want to use it, then don't. No problem. You can still use the old perpetual license model. Your choice.

And, no, I am not the expert on all things Creative Cloud. I'm the video guy. Please, please read the FAQ list above before peppering me with questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
product manager, professional video software
After Effects team blog
Premiere Pro team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]