Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Have Questions About Adobe Premiere Pro. Need Advice from experienced users please.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Travis WineHave Questions About Adobe Premiere Pro. Need Advice from experienced users please.
by on Apr 27, 2012 at 2:20:15 pm

As a Final Cut 7.0 user it's now time to come to the realization I need to change editing platforms.
Avid is now offering the Symphony editing platform for 999.00. As a prior Avid Xpress Pro user I know the stability of Avid. And now with Symphony’s offer, it's captivating considering you have second color correction – in real time - right in the timeline without having to move the file to another application.

But let me be clear “I love Adobe”. I use all their products in my old Production Premium CS4, except Premiere Pro.

The two reasons I never used Premiere Pro:

No codec to match their engine codec. In other words, Avid has DNxHD and Apple has ProRes. This makes the editing platform very stable. Does Adobe have their own (I think they call it) – transwrap - codec now?

I understand that Adobe is the “Native King” for all platforms but my online research shows major instability problems with ALL editors when you go this native route – especially long form media such as documentaries. I also learned that color correcting, composting or adding effects to native formats from the camera - especially compressed footage such as avchd is absolutely horrible. Is this true for Adobe? I know it's possible to transcode to Apple ProRes in Adobe Media Composer, but will this give me more flexibility and stability in Premiere Pro?

I produce commercials, documentaries and event filming.

After seeing the new cloud offering I am very interested, but my experience with Adobe Premiere 10 years ago was a nightmare in college. I know things have changed, but I want to confirm with users of Adobe Premiere Pro about stability.

Thanks for your time.

Your response will be appreciated - hope to hear from someone soon.

Travis

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]