Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Best format to compress raw T2i footage to for editing?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Victor LinRe: Best format to compress raw T2i footage to for editing?
by on Apr 26, 2012 at 5:36:08 pm

1. Proxy Media: Is fascinating. So they send me super highly compressed footage (with the exact same filenames as the original), and we have our processor cut and do everything, then we send over the project file.

BUT: what if there's processing that has to be done on the original media? We run some of our clips through Mercalli camera stabilizer. We cut, then run Mercalli on the clips, then add the transitions.

2. But at the end of the day it's still too much work for my videographer to process *anything*. She shoots all day, and then she's tired, and then she repeats. I don't want to work her to the bone. Short of having her hire her own in-house assistant (literally in house, processing off of her hard drive) just to do the processing... what else can I do? Plus having local processors brings up huge issues with consistent quality.

In the long run, I want to have a consistent video product throughout the nation. I don't think I can easily do that with 50 different individual photo processors working locally in whatever region the videographers are shooting. I'd much rather have a central processing unit that all the videographers send their files to. It's much easier to control quality and much easier to synchronize any changes and improvements that we roll out in the future.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]