Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Why is PPro not suited for feature films?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Mike MolendaRe: Why is PPro not suited for feature films?
by on Mar 8, 2012 at 11:07:00 pm

[Steve Brame] "Such as during the move from film to digital, or linear to non-linear, or 8-track to cassettes."

Yeah, but I don't know that I'd put it in such sweeping terms. There's clearly a niche that will need to be filled in FCP's absence, and Adobe (and others like Grass Valley and Lightworks) seem to be glad to finally be getting a second glance.

But Avid wants a piece of that pie just as much as anyone else. Seems like they were just as quick as Adobe to jump on the "company that cares" bandwagon. And really, I don't see a lot of incentive at the moment for a seasoned Avid editor to make a permanent switch to something like Premiere for long-form projects.

Adobe does seem like they're netting a lot of FCP converts, though, present company included. So we'll see what comes of that.

I think there's a long way to go before Premiere becomes viable enough in the market to make knowing it a skill that's high in demand. It's an uphill battle, and I think Adobe is doing really great things, but widespread adoption is certainly not a given like the eventual turnover to digital. Looking forward to seeing what they do with CS6.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]