Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Sync-reading problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

david granthamRe: Sync-reading problem
by on Feb 8, 2012 at 8:41:24 pm

To finish this post off, Final Cut Pro interprets all of this footage in sync, though it also captures the footage reporting dropped frames (apparently due to a corruption of data on this tape.)

VLC and Windows Media Player will play this footage properly, captured by PPro.

But there was no fix obtainable on this or any other forum or web searches that would enable PPro to work with this footage in sync. I had to render it all to an intermediate.

All programs have their strengths and weaknesses, this may be a weakness of PPro CS4.

The bigger problem is of course on this tape, from Fuji. I'm hearing from one source that Panasonic tapes are recommended for 24p.

My renter assures me their cameras are cleaned before each rental. I'm hearing also that it's wise for the renter to clean the heads before using any rented tape camera. (Like many, I'm headed to solid state, but they're not always available or in budget.)

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Sync-reading problem by david grantham on Feb 1, 2012 at 5:30:50 pm
    • Re: Sync-reading problem by david grantham on Feb 8, 2012 at 8:41:24 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]