Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Sync-reading problem

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

david granthamSync-reading problem
by on Feb 1, 2012 at 5:30:50 pm

Premiere plays audio 9 frames ahead of video after a few red frames on a long AVCHD clip digitized from a new tape which was prestriped before the shoot. The frames are at the tail end of a shot before recording was stopped. VLC and Windows Media Payer play the footage entirely in sync.

The same footage was also digitized in down-conversion mode from the same camera as the HD, and this SD footage is interpreted correctly by premiere. The 'problem' frames in this DV footage are blank (black.)

Typically my system digitizes HD without any problem. All other footage shot and digitized by the identical gear at the same time has no such problem.

1) Any idea where the problem might be and how to avoid it in the future?

2) Any suggestions how to correct it? I'd just as soon not rent a camera for a day to re-digitize one clip, but I'm concerned that if I render an intermediate copy of the footage with the audio slid to correct the sync problem, it won't visually match the other 2 hours of video in the project.

CS4
P4 3Ghz
3.3 GB Ram
Canon XA1 photography
Canon HV 30/40 capture

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:
  • Sync-reading problem by david grantham on Feb 1, 2012 at 5:30:50 pm

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS