Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Contemplating a switch from Mac to PC?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Chris CeaRe: Contemplating a switch from Mac to PC?
by on Dec 4, 2011 at 8:42:06 pm

Hi Keith,

I have the 12 core 2.66 ghz with 24 gigs of RAM running CS5.5. As for the Hard drives... 4 internal drives, 1 for the applications and the other 3 are configured as a RAID 0. For the video card, I run the Quadro 4000.

I can't say I'm unhappy with the Mac Pro or Premiere Pro at this point. The software runs quite well and besides some of the minor issues (some lag when switching between Premiere and other programs), I have little negative to say. I do think that looking back on my system purchase ... If I would have known Apple was going to do with FCP what they did, I would have gone with a PC. I feel that I could have gotten a killer system for less money and had more options (like video cards for example) for upgrading. Again though, My machine and PP runs great.

Sorry for any confusion
Chris

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]