Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Contemplating a switch from Mac to PC?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Keith MoreauRe: Contemplating a switch from Mac to PC?
by on Dec 3, 2011 at 9:22:32 pm

Chris, would you be able to tell us what Mac Pro you have, the config, RAM, HD, graphics card, and why you are unhappy with what would be a pretty fast Mac using Premiere Pro CS 5 or 5.5?

It is very, very interesting and informative for me to try to get some real world info from Mac Premiere Pro users and why they are unhappy and contemplating, or have made up their minds, such as Tom, that Windows PC is the preferred platform for Premiere Pro.

While I see many complaints about PPro on this and the Adobe PPro forum from Mac users, I also see many more complaints from PC users complaining about similar problems. Even now it seems there are issues with Premiere Pro's exporting of multiple audio tracks and compatibility with 3rd party I/O cards and broadcast monitoring.

My thought until now was the PPRo, like all the other NLEs (including FCP 7, FCP 10, Avid) are pushing the limits of computers and it's easy to get into an unstable state with any platform. And sometimes what might happen, especially from the animus created by the FCP 10 debacle, that 'the grass is greener' syndrome might also kick in. In the end, it's a tool but the 'cost' of switching to Windows PC is huge for me, I want to make the right decision when the time comes.

I also think it is informative to Adobe to see these types of discussions for them to base their commitment of resources. They have supposedly cashed in a bit from FCP switchers, but I'm not sure if those switchers are happy or not. There is still a great loyalty to the Apple / Mac ecosystem, like me it will be hard to get people to move over. Better to get PPRo to work equally as well on Mac as PC. I was a switcher pre FCP 10, so it wan't a big deal, but I want more and more performance out of the native, real time PPro mercury engine.

Tom, thanks for your recommendations and information, I'll follow up with ADK.

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]