Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Is the 2008 Mac Pro fine or does the 2010 offer that much more?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Pat DeFilippoIs the 2008 Mac Pro fine or does the 2010 offer that much more?
by on Nov 29, 2011 at 6:42:19 pm

Hello,

I'm just moving in to Adobe Premiere Pro, and took advantage of the Production Premium upgrade to CS5.5 that ends today. I also plan to continue to edit with Final Cut Studio 3 and have bought Avid MC 5.5 (which I'll upgrade to 6 by the end of the year).

I need to replace my G5 Quad and am leaning toward an 8-core Mac Pro over the 4-core MacBook Pro. Does anyone know if there are major advantages in operating these three pieces of software with the 2010 "Westmere" Mac Pro over the 2008 "Nehelam" Mac Pro? They're both 8-cores of 2.8ghz processors.

Would 8gb of RAM be adequate as well?

What AJA card is best for a BetaSP deck (albeit rarely used!) and HD monitoring? I currently have the AJA Io LA (SD component/composite/S-Video I/O via FW400).

Is there a better and/or less expensive 8TB eSata solution than the GTech Q (it also needs to work with my 17" MacBook Pro).

Thanks in advance for your advice!
-Pat

G5 Quad Desktop with 4GB Ram, 750GB HD & eSata ~ 30" Cinema Display & 17" Sony SVGA
~ Swift Data 200 Internal 1.6TB SATA II RAID 0 ~
2.33gz Intel MacBook Pro with 3GB Ram, 500GB HD
AJA Io LA
Final Cut Studio 2 on G5 & 3 on MBP
Sony UVW-1800 Beta-SP
Sony DSR-40 DVCam

P D Post Productions, Inc.
TV~DVD~WEB-Device
for Corporate Communications, Commercials, Infomercials, Television Programs and Family Occasions since 1983
E-mail PD@PDPost.com
Website http://www.PDPost.com
Business/Cell Phone (847) 275-5671

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]