Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Re: Rendering 1080i to 720p SD

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Randy KishRe: Rendering 1080i to 720p SD
by on Jul 14, 2008 at 9:39:43 pm

Thanks to both of you for asking good questions and showing me direction. Since I'm very new to this, I know I'm going to make elementary mistakes, such as in this case.
To answer your question(s), I'm shooting in HDV 1080i. I do mean 720 x 480, not 720p. I thought I was saving space in my post but instead ended up causing some confusion.
Honestly, I think that I made a dumb mistake by not setting my in/out markers. I stopped the render and looked over my settings, made sure that the in/out markers were set and re-rendered using the same settings as before: NTSC progressive widescreen high quality 720 x 480. The rendering time went down to 3 1/2 hours for a 1 1/2 hour production (from 48 hours).
Mike, I am going to follow-up and read the Adobe Forum thread. Mike and Tim, thanks for helping out with such professional response. As I progress in my knowledge, I know that I’ll be back often and hopefully can help others.

P.S. – I’ll be sure to shoot in SD if I plan to produce in SD. Seems like common sense. Silly me.

Randy

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]