Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
ADOBE PREMIERE PRO:HomeTutorialsForumArticlesPodcastsBasics ForumCreative Cloud Debate

Getting Second Audio from Firewire & General Edit Query.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

psysjde1Getting Second Audio from Firewire & General Edit Query.
by on Mar 24, 2007 at 5:18:18 pm

Hi Guys,

I have got a Canon XL1s and have the standard Mic in Audio 1 and a Wireless Mic into Audio 2. Trouble is when I come to capture the audio via Firewire from Premiere it outputs and captures only Audio 1 (The Standard Mic).

I cant find where or how to get the Audio from Audio 2 from the MiniDV tape into the project short of running the tape again on an audio capture from start to finish on something like CoolEdit, then I have to sync it again with the original footage. That is very labour intensive and thought there must be an easier way!

Is it is not possible to get the Audio 2 from the Firewire Capture? I have set Audio 2 as the output on the camera but it seems that is the audio which comes out of the RCA jacks not the Firewire port?

If that is the case so be it! just I think I may be editing incorrectly as I always capture the footage and audio in the Bin on the left and just right click over it to Interpret Footage, I then Interpret it in the left preview window. Then I drop the footage I need with or without audio into the Timeline I am currently working with whereas I read here people make a new Timeline for each Tape and edit from that in the interpret footage window? is that correct? If that is so do I drop audio 2 from the separate audio file I created from running the camera again into say audio two on the new Timeline and edit from that by turning off the preview audio of the audio I don't want and 'lifting' out from the in & out points on the timeline?

Also I have got some audio from another camera where the left channel is the radio mic and right is the camera mic and wanted to know how to Mix the audio channels into say All On Left?

I hope that makes sense I have read it and it seems to!

Thanks again. Jon

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]