Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: NX5 Slow Motion Frame Rates

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Angelo UcciferriRe: NX5 Slow Motion Frame Rates
by on Jul 22, 2011 at 1:46:49 am

Thanks for the reply John,

I'll give 30p a shot during some upcoming testing, and I'll let you know what I end up doing for the wedding.

I typically use slow-mo during the aesthetic "beauty shots" of a wedding. Definitely not during the ceremony. But for the montages during prep and the reception, I've used it to create a mood, or even just extend a really nice moment.

Here is a link to a recent video, and you can see my use of slow-mo and how it appears slightly jittery.

Ironically, I was just talking with someone today who is very in-touch with the wedding video industry - and he tells me that a lot of people are moving away from the slow-mo look - and instead focusing on cinema style shooting, without any slow mo.

I have the feeling the people not using slow-mo are the same people shooting with DSLRs, and they already have the surreal film look with the shallow DOF - and don't need slow-mo to enhance the mood.

I am getting off topic! But thanks for the reply!

Angelo

Ironbird Studios
Music / Audio / Video Production
New Jersey / New York City
http://www.ironbirdstudios.com

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter