Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: NX5u dropping 4 frames of audio after 30 minutes

COW Forums : Sony NXCAM

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Eric PensenstadlerRe: NX5u dropping 4 frames of audio after 30 minutes
by on Feb 27, 2011 at 4:13:22 pm

Thank you for your reply John. I appreciate your feedback once again.

I think this is the final straw for me with these cameras (remember the SD problems of severe interlacing and flickering footage?). First thing Monday I am going to start the - probably ill-fated - attempt to return these cameras to Sony. I'll get my attorney involved if need be because there's a chance I will end up having to refund a lot of money to clients.

If I was a client receiving a video and it had all the problems I've mentioned before with the SD footage, and then now has audio and video dropouts, I would not pay for the product. I'm expecting my clients to feel the same way.

It is a shame, but these cameras cannot be used professionally. I did a lot of research on cameras before I purchased these NX5Us. Nowhere did anybody review the cameras that it had these limitations/problems. Everybody just said how wonderful they were. Yes, there are a lot of great features and they're good cameras, but I feel they are totally unacceptable for my professional services (and believe me, I don't say that with an ego, I do very little for broadcast and I'm not doing anything more than most readers of this thread are doing). Sorry for my rant, but I just can't believe Sony could put out this good of a camera with "show-stoppable" limitations and problems.

Wish me luck as I prepare for battle with Sony!

Eric

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]