Creative COW SIGN IN :: SPONSORS :: ADVERTISING :: ABOUT US :: CONTACT US :: FAQ
Creative COW's LinkedIn GroupCreative COW's Facebook PageCreative COW on TwitterCreative COW's Google+ PageCreative COW on YouTube
FORUMS:listlist (w/ descriptions)archivetagssearchhall of famerecent posts

Re: @A Cautionary Tale for the FCP Switcher

COW Forums : AVID

VIEW ALL   •   ADD A NEW POST   •   PRINT
Share on Facebook
Respond to this post   •   Return to posts index   •   Read entire thread

Marco SolorioRe: @A Cautionary Tale for the FCP Switcher
by on Jun 2, 2012 at 5:50:56 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "The other day, I was in a Twitter conversation with you, Marco Solario and perhaps a few others, about the notion of what offline and conform means today."

Hey wait a minute, how did my name get thrown in here? LOL! Great article, Wally. And nice replies, Jeremy. I'm still amazed at how well FCP7 worked (works) with inter-app workflows. It's this reason, and begrudgingly so, that I'm amazed that we're still using FCP7 at least 75% of the time at this point. Last year this time I would have expected we'd be at least 90% Avid workflow at this point. Just not happening. We have one current project that we're required to work in Premiere CS6 for the editorial portion of it. But all our other current running projects right now are on FCP7 timelines. Until we can get inter-app workflows functioning as well or better than FCP7 does, we're playing the sit-watch-and-wait game until I know for certain these pesky issues are solved. This is personally a huge crush to me because I really do prefer the Avid Symphony 6 interface and tools after having fell in love with MC5.5 last year.

Starting at the middle of July, it looks like we're slated to start editing 21 videos for a client, and for that, I'm 75% convinced we'll have to continue to use FCP7.

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | ORM Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Media Batch

Posts IndexRead Thread
Reply   Like  
Share on Facebook

Current Message Thread:

LOGIN TO REPLY

FORUMSTUTORIALSFEATURESVIDEOSPODCASTSEVENTSSERVICESNEWSLETTERNEWSBLOGS

Creative COW LinkedIn Group Creative COW Facebook Page Creative COW on Twitter
© 2014 CreativeCOW.net All rights are reserved. - Privacy Policy

[Top]